Rolan Micallef Attard
FIA, CPA, MBA(e-Business)
Rolan Micallef Attard is a Certified Public Accountant and holds a practicing certificate to act as Auditor. He is Fellow of the Malta Institute of Accountants and has a Master’s Degree in Business Administration (eBusiness).
Rolan trained and qualified with audit and accountancy firms and now has more than 30 years of professional experience. In 1992 he set up his own consultancy firm. Rolan also sits on the boards and committees of a number of entities providing commercial, financial advice and strategic direction.
Rolan is also highly involved in the co-operative movement.
- Certified Public Accountant (AB/22/89) (since 1990)
- Holder of practicing certificate to act as auditor (since 1990)
- Master of Business Administration (e-Business) of the University of Malta (2004)
- Fellow of The Malta Institute of Accountants (member since 1989)
- Associate Member of the Institute for the Management of Information Systems (UK) (1993-2008)
Current positions held
- Sole practitioner of the Accountancy Firm Rolan Micallef Attard
- Director and owner of Computation Services Limited
Previous positions held
- Director and owner of Moore Stephens Fiduciary Limited
- Member of the Malta Branch Committee of the Institute for the Management of Information Systems UK (IMIS formally known as IDPM)
Current positions held
- President and Member of Knowledge Matters Co-op Limited
- CAO & Member of Farm Advisory Services Co-op Limited
- CEO & Secretary General of the Malta Co-operative Federation
- Advisor to the Union Ħaddiema Magħqudin on social co-operatives
- Auditor, accountant and business consultant to various co-operative societies
- Start-up facilitator and advisor to worker co-operatives, producer co-operatives, and social co-operatives covering consultancy, agriculture, maritime, arts, disadvantaged persons and various other sectors
Previous positions held
- Government advisor for co-operatives and co-legislator of the Co-operatives Societies Act, Cap. 442 (2001)
- Member of the Maltese co-operatives regulator (Co-operatives Board) and the Central Co-operative Fund Committee (CCF)
- Advisor to the regional member organisation of the International Co-operative Alliance, Co-operatives Europe
- Secretary General of Koperattivi Malta
- Consultant and Trainer with the Foundation for Social Welfare Services to deliver training to persons with disability with the ultimate aim of creating social co-operative enterprises.
- Co-operatives and their relationship with UN Sustainable Development Goal 8 – for SKOP at the Seminar ‘Post 2015 Development Agenda – How can we take action in Malta?’ (Malta, 2015)
- Co-operatives – for the The Malta Institute of Accountants at the SMP Forum 2015 (Malta, 2015)
- Ir-Rwol tal-Koperattivi fl-iżvilupp Ekonomiku u Soċjali (translation – The role of co-operative societies in the economic and social development) – Nationalist Party “ideamalta – General Convention” (Malta, 2014)
- The application of social co-operatives model in Malta to address youth unemployment and precarious work – UĦM/MEUSAC/EZA “Innovative Instruments to Address Youth Unemployment” (Malta, 2014)
- L’agriculture maltaise et le movement cooperative (translation – Maltese agriculture and the co-operative movement) – L’Association Nationale de Révision (ANR) de La Coopération Agricole (Malta, 2012)
- Cooperatives as a vehicle for the integration of persons with disability into the labour market – for Aġenzija SAPPORT – Me2 EU project – ESF 3.62 (Malta, 2011)
- Making co-operatives part of government policy – for the Committee of Permanent Secretaries (Malta, 2010)
- Co-operative characteristics within the social dialogue in Europe – a Maltese perspective – for Cooperatives Europe (Brussels, 2009)
- Web metrics and web analytics: deriving value from e-business – for ICON Studios, (Malta, 2005)
- Auditing and accounting issues of co-operative societies – for The Malta Institute of Accountants (Malta, 2003)
- Regulatory requirements of co-operatives societies – for the Cooperative’s Board & Ministry for Social Policy (Malta, 2002)
- Maltese co-operative legislation – for the International Raiffeisen Union & German Cooperative and Raiffeisen Confederation (Berlin)
- Agrifood-Marketing (Course: BSc (Hons.) Mediterranean Agro-Ecosystems Management) joint international program between the University of Malta and the University of Perugia (2008-2010)
- Co-operatives for IB programme at Verdala International School (2008)
- Advanced course on Co-operative Management – Koperattivi Malta
- Co-operative societies accounting for the Malta University Services Limited
- Web design for Verdala International School (2008)
- ‘Recommendations and comments on the White Paper and the proposed Social Enterprise Act’ Malta Co-operative Federation‘, Malta Co-operative Federation (July 2015)
- ‘Recommendations on changes to the Maltese Legislation effecting Co-operative Societies 2014‘, Malta Co-operative Federation (March 2014)
- ‘Investing in Malta’s future through co-operative societies’, Malta Co-operative Federation (May 2013)
- ‘European Co-operative Banking’, Koperattivi, Malta, (February 2011), Issue 24. pp. 6-7
- ‘Consultation Paper on Co-operative Societies 2010’, Koperattivi Malta, (October 2010)
- ‘The Consultation Process on Co-operatives’, Koperattivi Malta, (August 2010), Issue 23. pp. 7-9
- ‘The Social Dialogue Process and Koperattivi Malta’, Koperattivi Malta, (January 2010), Issue 22. pp. 10-11
- ‘Consistency between examiners in the final anatomy exam 2008-2009’, (Stabile I., Micallef Attard R.) Medical Journal, (November 2009), Malta, Volume 21 Supplement, pp. 63-64
- ‘Cooperatives and European Social Dialogue’, MEUSAC News, Malta, (October 2009), Issue 22, pp. 3
- ‘The role of producers’ organisations in the successful operation of FAS in Malta: lessons learnt and future perspectives’, (Attard G. P., Sammut S.J., Micallef Attard R.) Theory and practice of advisory work in a time of turbulences, (September 2009), Perugia, Italy, pp. 27-30, ISBN: 978 88-6254-035-3
- ‘Report on the issues government is to address for the benefit of the co-operative movement in Malta’, Koperattivi Malta, (Micallef Attard R., Mallia J., Caruana H.), (July 2009)
- ‘Online Measurement Matters’, i-Tech, Times of Malta (August 2005), Malta, pp. 3
- ‘Vade Mecum for the Web Analyst – Implementing successful e-Business initiatives via on-line customer related Web Metrics’, (July 2004), Malta
- “Koperattivi Twaqqif u Tmexxija” Translation: Co-operatives Formation and Management – Galea F. (2002), ISBN: 99932-0-169-3
- Producer Organisations Strategy for the Maltese Islands
Certified Public Accountant, Auditor & Business consultant
The firm trading under Rolan Micallef Attard offers a one-stop-shop business support service and provides a holistic approach to the various periodic financial requirements for the clients’ business environment. Services offered include auditing, accounting, bookkeeping, taxation, secretarial, start-up and consultancy.
We work intensively with our clients, thoroughly discussing requirements in order to come up with a personalised package that best suits their needs. Many of our clients are micro and small to medium size entities in the various sectors of the economy. Through the knowledge and extensive practical experience gained over the years, we provide services to self-employed persons, family businesses, companies, co-operative societies, partnerships, micro businesses, SMEs, employers, NGOs, VOs and associations.
Besides corporate entities, the firm also has a significant client base of individuals such as company directors and entrepreneurs. Other clients who use our personalised services are persons in employment, pensioners, single/married/separated/divorced people and single parents.
Our offices are centrally located in Attard, Malta and parking is available. Bus stop “Zarb” is located just outside the offices and is serviced frequently by bus route numbers 51, 52 and 53.
In 2004 the firm launched the successful website YesItMatters.com through which we reached thousands of users searching for information regarding various commercial and personal aspects. YesItMatters.com Resources Section deals with employment, social security, pensions, taxation, VAT, company and co-operative matters, among others.